Tuesday, December 04, 2007

lifestyle

Just finished watching the "Pirates of the Carribean" trilogy. Now I am wondering why the hell didn't I watch this at the cinema?!?!? It's such a great movie although the final movie is a little draggy. Most of the fight scenes are kinda original, and none of those repeated usual "kick-the-baddie-butt" scenes. Oh yes, the acting is top notch too. Keira Knightley is hot. Seems to me any successful movies use CG to the extreme just to be successful. Well, I admit it does pull off the fantasy factor to a convincing state. You don't see this kind of thing in real life. That's the bad part of this world.

Anyway, last week's Straits Times' Lifestyle featured an article about MAHJONG among teenagers. Maybe I should brush up on my mahjong skills. I just never got to figure out the rules regarding flowers. And then play with my friends. Decent game la, just that I don't really like to lose money. I swear this kind of craze pops up like suddenly or something. Another craze is that some teenage girls are starting to wear these "Little Miss" t-shirts. Those are classic children's book if you didn't know. Interesting.

Hmm, her Capricorn horoscope in the lifestyle says "You need just a few more hard facts before you can make up your mind about the latest decision in your life. That should be quite easy to come by, although you may have to consult with reliable people first." I wonder how true this is. I seem to find some horoscopes freakingly accurate depending on the situation and how much I know of the person with the horoscope.

Note to self: Put up a disclaimer for blog readers. I kind of got reminded why I stopped blogging.

2 Comments:

  • Horoscopes are actually very vague kind of fortune telling. Why you would think it's very true is because you yourself enforced the image of the horoscope onto whatever you are doing, thus thinking that it's true. It's a play on the mind. This is something that I picked up watching Derren Brown's shows. Google him, or find some video clips of the shows. It really would open your mind to a new concept of mind manipulation.

    By Blogger Kawasumi Hirito, At 11:41 AM  

  • Noted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home